Friday, December 11, 2009

Critical!

Me thinks I am critical. Oh, I don't want to be, but I suppose I am. It's difficult for me to discern where that delicate fine line is between passion and criticism. This is especially true of the institutionalized church and matters pertaining to it. I really just don't like this grand ole institution at all. I hate to say it but I generally believe it (the institution) is in many ways the fruit of many centuries worth of the Satan's hard work. If he can convince us of just how important we are in and to the process, he knows we will pick up that ball and run with it. Human pride does that! After all, most of what goes on seems to be more about us and very little about Him (that being our Lord). Our plans, our vision, our budgets, our programs, events, and processes. To be honest, I'm not sure why we even need the Lord using this kind of thinking. It would seem that we've pretty much got it all under control. Yes, mankind picked up that ball, and we're still running!

I know......I'm doing it again. I'm being critical! Forgive me! I just can't help but wonder what could happen if?

If what you ask?

Well.....if we asked Him first.....not last.

By the way, if what I write makes you angry, pray for me. I'm probably wrong about everything. Heck, I almost hope I am.

No comments: